- 4 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups large-flake (old-fashioned) rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold Organic Meadow Cultured Unsalted Butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Meadow Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ (icing) sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Into large bowl, add strawberries, rhubarb, maple syrup, lemon juice and cornstarch. Toss until mixture is combined and well coated. Transfer to lightly greased 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
3. In medium bowl, stir together oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Add cubed butter to oats mixture; using fingertips, work butter into oats mixture until incorporated and resembles coarse meal with larger clusters. Sprinkle oats mixture evenly over strawberry-rhubarb mixture.
4. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until topping is golden and crisp and fruit mixture is tender and bubbling around edges. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
5. Meanwhile, in medium bowl and using handheld electric mixer on low speed, beat cream, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until combined. Increase speed to medium-high and blend until stiff peaks form. Spoon whipped cream mixture over crumble to serve.
Tip: Alternately, serve crumble with Organic Meadow Vanilla Ice Cream if desired.