For Egg Nog Crepes:
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 4 cups Organic Meadow Egg Nog
- 1/2 cup Organic Meadow 2% milk
- 1/2-1 cup of Organic Meadow butter for pan if desired
For Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream Filling
- 2L Organic Meadow 35% Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of organic sugar, honey, or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
For Dark Chocolate Drizzle
- 14 oz. good-quality bittersweet or dark chocolate
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, nutmeg and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk Egg Nog, milk and eggs.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and mix in the wet ingredients. Mix until there are no more clumps - do not overmix. Refrigerate the batter for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Remove the batter from the refrigerator and gently stir if the batter has thickened - mix in a bit of milk, to loosen the batter if needed.
- Tear 50 sheets of parchment paper the same size as your non-stick fry pan and set aside.
- On medium heat, brush medium fry pan with some melted butter (if desired). Pour ¼ cup of batter into the pan and swirl to coat the entire bottom. Cook for 1 minute, loosen with a spatula, then flip over and cook for another minute. Remove from the pan to a serving plate & top with 1 sheet of parchment paper. Repeat these steps until you use up all the batter. Set crepes aside to cool. Once cooled, can be stored in an airtight container and left in the fridge overnight.
For Cream Filling:
- Pour cream into a medium bowl. Add cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Cover mixture with plastic wrap. Chill for an hour or overnight
For Chocolate Drizzle:
Note: You may need to reheat the chocolate a couple times during the process; do so slowly as to not burn or overcook the chocolate.
- Place a crepe on a serving plate or cake stand. With a spatula, spread ¼ cup of whipped mixture evenly. Drizzle chocolate with a clean fork in a fun carefree zig zag motion. Repeat this sequence with the remaining crepes to create 20 – 24-layer crepe cake, using a single crepe as the top layer. Reserve ¼ cup of whipped cream for the top. Refrigerate for at least 60 minutes before serving.
- Top with the remaining whipped cream leaving 1 – 2 inches from the edge, create peaks in the cream to give a bit of added height and do a final drizzle of dark chocolate.